Xiris manufactures machines that can see quality defects, in manufactured goods and continuous processes, for the metal fabrication industry. We develop proprietary hardware and software for a global client base in several niche business segments. We are searching for a stellar professional in the role of Machine Learning Software Developer. We are a vibrant and highly spirited organization of about 30 strong and growing.
You have a strong programming background and significant experience implementing Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning systems on real-time video data streams. You are excited about developing some new technologies for new markets. Is that you?
As a member of the Xiris Engineering team, you will:
• Lead the ground-up development of application components, focusing on AI/ML, using various tools including Python, C++ and C#, PyTorch, TorchLib, scikit-learn, Theano, Caffe, Karas, etc., in a multi-platform (Windows, Linux) environment.
• Assume responsibility for data science related activities with respect to these components.
• Research, develop and apply technical principles, theories, and algorithms, related to problems in machine learning, image processing and machine vision.
• Implement new algorithms to improve system performance and add new system capabilities.
• Ensure software meets the required quality standards of performance and functionality
• Continually develop knowledge of new software techniques and technologies in order to identify and exploit new technological opportunities and maintain best practices.
Candidates must possess the following experience and competencies:
• A degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Masters level or higher preferred
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in software development in the AI/ML field, preferably in an embedded systems environment.
• Exceptional written and verbal English communication skills, effective in formulating and communicating concepts, ideas, and strategies, primarily to internal parties.
• Demonstrated competence in common AI frameworks and libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Theano, Caffe, Keras, Numpy, Pandas
• Exposure to object-oriented software development
• Good knowledge of mathematics, probability, statistics, and algorithms.
• Ability to deliver solutions on time, on budget, to meet customer’s expectations.
• Self-motivated, committed to constant learning and able to embrace change and uncertainty.
Experience in any of the following would also be definite assets:
• Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Subversion, NuGet, WIX installer, GCC, CMAKE
• OpenCV, FFMPEG, OpenGL, CUDA,
• Working in a Linux environment with the public cloud, e.g. AWS, CGP
• Machine Vision and/or Digital Imaging and/or Industrial Automation
Submit Resume to: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from highly qualified individuals and will only be contacting those applicants who appear to be a potential best fit. We thank all other applicants for their interest in our opportunity.