Xiris manufactures machines that can see quality defects, in manufactured goods and continuous processes, for the metal fabrication industry. We develop proprietary hardware and software for a global client base in several niche business segments.
We have recently created a new role of Machine Learning Software Developer. Success in assuming this leadership role will require significant expertise in implementing Machine Vision systems on real-time video data streams, using both conventional and AI techniques.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will focus on developing machine vision (MV) software components, and application-specific algorithms and tools, for use in larger software suites and programs developed by Xiris for inspection of welding processes.
Your Challenge will be to:
- Apply MV technologies to many different use cases, with responsibility for a development cycle from research through to specification through to production coding.
- Maintain and extend our current C++ toolkit which includes camera management and conventional machine vision tools (e.g., edge detection, blob analysis, morphology) to include artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities
- Rapidly prototype multiple possible solutions and interface with stakeholders to determine the most appropriate path forwards.
- Implement algorithms and tools in C++, in a lean and efficient manner within current corporate architectural frameworks, to solve specific inspection problems in the welding domain, using a combination of open source and custom code as appropriate.
- Interface with application designers to create useful and intuitive APIs for these tools.
- Propose and conduct research projects in MV, AI, ML and software architectures to ensure our software product is a world-class offering.
Success in this role will require:
- Substantial prior experience in machine vision software development, likely though some combination of post-graduate education and industrial experience with a demonstrated portfolio of successful machine-vision system software development projects
- Experience with the application of artificial intelligence and/or machine learning techniques to imaging and/or machine vision applications would be highly valuable
- Excellent team-oriented individual with a solid command of both spoken and written English
- Expert C++ architectural design and coding skills. We use Visual Studio, VS Code, SVN, CMake, NuGet, targeting both Windows and Linux from a common codebase.
- Substantial knowledge of open-source software in machine vision and/or imaging and/or signal processing would be ideal, e.g., OpenCV, CUDA
Additional highly valued experience.
- Some proficiency with Visual C# and/or Python
- Experience with Managed C++ (C++/CLI)
- Exposure to industrial automation and/or automated inspection systems
- Exposure to commercial MV toolkits
- Experience with industrial cameras and related image processing techniques
Xiris Automation offers the best fit candidate a unique opportunity for technical and financial growth as well as leadership success in this newly created role
We thank all applicants for their interest in our opportunity, however we will only be contacting those applicants who are considered potential best fit to our requirements.
Resumes to be submitted to email@example.com
You will of course check out our web site at www.xiris.com