Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role exists to achieve the development of libraries and desktop software programs used in conjunction with our unique welding cameras for inspection of welding processes.
You will develop middle-layer application logic and front-end GUI code, primarily in C# for Windows. Tools we use daily include Visual Studio, VS Code, SVN, CMake, and NuGet. Our full stack includes a C++ back-end for Windows and Linux.
Working primarily independently, but as a member of a small (3-5 person) software development team, the incumbent will experience both breadth and depth in the software development process, developing for many different use cases, with responsibility for a development cycle from specification through to production coding and testing.
In this position, the incumbent will:
- Leverage current knowledge and prior experience to implement and maintain software, primarily in C#, in a lean and efficient manner, within existing and new architectural frameworks
- Identify, investigate, and qualify possible open-source alternatives to custom code
- Where applicable, rapidly prototype multiple possible solutions, and interface with stakeholders to determine the most appropriate path forwards.
- Design and implement GUI in WinForms and WPF
- Interface with back-end designers to provide feedback on proposed APIs
- Maintain and extend our current software products
Required Skills / Experience:
- As this position requires developing close working relationships with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, a solid command of both spoken and written English is absolutely mandatory.
- Post-secondary degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Substantial prior experience in desktop and/or embedded software development using one or more object-oriented languages (C#, Java, etc.), likely though some combination of education and industrial experience, with a demonstrated portfolio of successful software development projects
Ideal Candidate Additional Characteristics
- Experience developing for both Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge of open-source and/or commercial software in machine vision and/or imaging and/or signal processing would be ideal, e.g., OpenCV, CUDA
- Experience with the application of artificial intelligence and/or machine learning techniques to imaging and/or machine vision applications would be highly valuable
- Experience with C++ and/or Python
- Exposure to industrial automation and/or automated inspection systems, experience writing code to interface with hardware via standard protocols or vendor API’s.
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial spirit
Please submit your CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also visit our web site at www.xiris.com.